Caribbean Education for Sustainable Urban Development
The Citylab CAR project consortium invites researchers around the world to submit extended abstracts and participate at the Citylab conference “Caribbean Education for Sustainable Urban Development”. The conference will be held from the 30th of September until the 2nd of October 2020 in Paramaribo, Surinam.
This academic conference aims to share insights and experiences on innovative learning methods in Caribbean higher education focusing on Sustainable (Urban) Development. It will feature many inspiring lectures, discussions and networking opportunities with experts, researchers and key actors in both the field of education and sustainable urban development.
We invite you to share your research and experience with international colleagues in the field of Caribbean education and sustainable urban development. We welcome abstracts from researchers at all career stages.
Abstracts should address at least one of the following themes:
- Innovative teaching and learning experiences in Architecture, Urban Planning, Geography, Sociology, Engineering, Political Science, Economy or other fields
- Problem Based Learning and/or other innovative learning methods and tools
- Teaching governance and participatory approaches
- Collaborative processes in education with external actors and local stakeholders
- International exchanges and collaborations between higher education institutions
- Interdisciplinary collaborations enhancing the learning process
- Addressing (urban) sustainable development challenges through teaching
How to apply
The call for abstracts closes on the 15th of March 2020.